Saturday, February 22, 2014

Fundraising Progress

As I'd reported here (http://milesformuia.blogspot.com/2014/02/valley-christian-church-overflowing.html), we had an amazing outpouring of support for Muia's family at church last Sunday.  And now....the numbers are in.

[Cue drumroll....]

We have now $5,629 toward the goal of $8,500.  Even as I look at the tally and check each of the names and amounts, I have a hard time believing the total.  Much of that total was from members of Valley Christian Church but there we also received surprise contributions from San Diego, Palos Verdes, Sierra Madre and even from as far as away as Virginia.  I say surprise, but, to be honest, every single donation comes as a surprise.  I wish I could fully convey how encouraging and inspiring it is to witness such an outpouring of faith we've seen in the people's responses.

In my study time this morning, I read:
The person who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the person who sows generously will also reap generously. Each person should do as he has decided in his heart—not reluctantly or out of necessity, for God loves  a cheerful giver....For the ministry of this service  is not only supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing in many acts of thanksgiving to God.
2 Co 9:6–7,12

Thank you all for your support and continued prayers.  May God be glorified "in many acts of thanksgiving"!  We're 2/3 of the way there....please pass the word so the blessings may continue to abound.


No comments:

Post a Comment